Let’s jump into the topic.
Anyone who has an idea on programming can build an app or a software. But the major challenge is not only the output but also Quality, Maintenance and Readability etc
As a fresher, most of the developers will be focusing on writing minimal and efficient code. They would not focus on clean and readable code. I was also focusing on the same at first. But, I have changed my mind after joining in TW.
Aspects that have changed my mindset in TW:
- Pair programming
- TDD (Test driven development)
How Pair programming will help ?
If you are not aware of pair programming refer this link before reading.
- Pair programming is an efficient way to share knowledge.
- If two people work together then output is more efficient than individual work.
- Can name variables and functions better.
- Can write readable code.
How will TDD help ?
- It will increase the code quality.
- It will give confidence to developer and team that everything is going in a right way.
- Can give more reliable solution.
- If we plan to write a proper tests then documentation is not at all required.
- It helps to us to write cleaner code.
In ThoughtWorks these two practices are strictly followed so that each dev will write cleaner, readable and quality code.